The Iowa COVID-19 Reopening Guidance, in addition to following all directives of the Governor as outlined in proclamations, entities considering reopening must adhere to the following public health guidance:
1. Follow CDC guidance related to Cleaning and Disinfection for Community Facilities, including frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all high touch surfaces.
2. Encourage and provide supplies to allow for frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing for employees and the public.
3. Provide reminders to employees and members of the public to stay at least 6 feet away from others when in the facility and mark six foot intervals when possible.
4. Post signage at the door indicating no one should enter the establishment if they currently have symptoms or have been around anyone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 14 days.
5. If an employee or a member of the public becomes ill while at the facility, ask them to share that information with management, leave the facility and then call their health care provider.
6. Members of the public and employees should consider the use of cloth face coverings(when practical) if staying at least 6 feet away from others is not possible.
7. Anyone who is high risk for more severe COVID-19 illness should continue to stay home.8. Businesses should continue to follow IDPH’s business guidance related to preventing, detecting and reporting outbreaks.
9. Businesses should use messaging to remind employees of steps they should be taking to protect their own health while at work.
For more information facility cleaning please refer to:
OHSA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19: https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf